First Aid (FD 105)
The purpose of this course is to help students recognize and respond to first aid, cardiac, and breathing emergencies appropriately and know how to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person in the event more advanced medical personnel must arrive and take over. This course consists of an in-person lecture and a skills assessment regarding CPR and AED which will be completed in one class session.
Training Outline and Requirements
- Training Hours: 3
- Stable, high speed wireless internet connection
- A personal laptop or desktop computer
- A webcam and a headset or microphone for your computer
- A binder/folder and notebook
- Students must complete the course within 1 week.
Employment is not guaranteed within our clinic’s programs, but if a position is open and students show alignment with the values of our mission, we present the opportunity to our students if available. We encourage students to seek continued learning within many settings and continued higher education to advance in the healthcare field.